Paterson in Passaic County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Simeon Van Winkles
1686 - 1775
Patersonís First Tanner
This tablet marks the site of the last
British raid into this area on May 18, 1779.
Placed by the Capt. Abraham Goodwin Chapter,
New Jersey Society, Sons of the American Revolution
on itís fortieth anniversary
Erected 1961 by New Jersey Society, Sons of the American Revolution, Capt. Abraham Goodwin Chapter.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 54.719′ N, 74° 8.069′ W. Marker is in Paterson, New Jersey, in Passaic County. Marker is on E 42nd Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located at the northern end of E 42nd Street, overlooking Route 20. Marker is in this post office area: Paterson NJ 07504, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pulaski (approx. 0.3 miles away); Abraham Godwin (approx. 0.3 miles away); Passaic County Soldiers and Sailors Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); Curie (approx. 0.3 miles away); The York Road Morlot Ave - 33rd St. Bridge Over the Passaic River (approx. 0.9 miles away); In Memory of Fair Lawn Police Officer Mary Ann Collura (approx. one mile away); Fair Lawn Memorial Park (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paterson.
More about this marker. The map features a relief map of the vicinity of the marker, “From Gen. Robert Erskineís map no. 79 and British War Maps of 1775.”
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 16, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 714 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 16, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.