New Berlin in Waukesha County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
New Berlin Hills Golf Course
In 1954, the President of Allis-Chalmers Mfg. Co. purchased the course. Upon his death, the company named the course after him W.A. Roberts Golf Course. In 1977, Allis Chalmers leased the course for operation as a public golf course.
In December, 1978, the City of New Berlin purchased the course and renamed it New Berlin Hills Golf Course. In 1999, a new clubhouse and food & beverage service was added.
In 2007, New Berlin Hills celebrated 100 years and is one of the oldest golf courses in the state of Wisconsin.
Erected 2007 by Waukesha County Historical Museum. (Marker Number 21-07.)
Location. 43° 0.278′ N, 88° 4.664′ W. Marker is in New Berlin, Wisconsin, in Waukesha County. Marker can be reached from West Graham Street half a mile south of West Greenfield Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is located in the parking lot of the golf course, south of Graham Street and Elm Grove Road.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historic Root River / Root River Parkway (approx. 2½ miles away); Hamlet of Calhoun (approx. 2½ miles away); Calhoun (approx. 2½ miles away); Old Honey Creek School Site (approx. 3.1 miles away); Cold Spring Road (approx. 3.1 miles away); Dousman-Dunkel Behling Inn (approx. 3.1 miles away); Honey Creek Settlement (approx. 3.1 miles away); The William Donaldson House (approx. 3.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Berlin.
Categories. • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 3, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,065 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 3, 2010, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.