Tahoe City in Placer County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Duane Leroy Bliss
1833 – 1907
Erected 1988 by Chief Truckee Chapter No. 3691, E Clampus Vitus.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 39° 9.997′ N, 120° 8.605′ W. Marker is in Tahoe City, California, in Placer County. Marker can be reached from North Lake Boulevard (State Highway 89) west of State Highway 28. Touch for map. Marker is mounted at the base of the flagpole at the Gatekeeper’s Log Cabin Museum – William B. Layton Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 130 North Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City CA 96145, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Lake Tahoe Outlet Works and Gatekeepers Cabin (here, next to this marker); William B. Layton Park (within shouting distance of this marker); The Gatekeeper’s Cabin and Museum (within shouting distance of this marker); A Safe Harbor (within shouting distance of this marker); The Sacred Lake (within shouting distance of this marker); Tahoe City's Constables (approx. 0.2 miles away); Grand Central Hotel (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Watson Cabin (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tahoe City.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Also see . . .
1. Duane Leroy Bliss. A biography of D.L. Bliss by the Carson City Tourist and Convention Bureau. (Submitted on August 16, 2010.)
2. S.S. Tahoe. The grandest ship ever to grace the waters of Lake Tahoe was the steamer Tahoe. Commissioned by lumber baron Duane L. Bliss, the S.S. Tahoe was constructed in San Francisco in 1894. (Submitted on August 16, 2010.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 16, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 729 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 16, 2010, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.