High Point in Guilford County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Oldest Building in High Point
A Quaker Potter
Typical example of a Pre-Revolution home
Built in Guilford County ca. 1754
In continuous use until the 1960ís.
1996 State Regents Project
Mary Ann Groome Helper, State Regent
Erected 1996 by Daughters of the American Colonists, North Carolina Society.
Location. 35° 58.776′ N, 79° 59.533′ W. Marker is in High Point, North Carolina, in Guilford County. Marker is at the intersection of E Lexington Avenue and Terrell Drive, on the left when traveling east on E Lexington Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is located adjacent to the High Point Museum. Marker is in this post office area: High Point NC 27262, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Oldest Colonial Trail (here, next to this marker); The Hoggat House (a few steps from this marker); The Blacksmith Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); The Plank Road (within shouting distance of this marker); The Haley House (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Haley House Little Red Schoolhouse (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); High Point University (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in High Point.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 26, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,284 times since then and 72 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 26, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.