Mackinac Island in Mackinac County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Historic Fort Mackinac
Erected by Michigan Historical Commission. (Marker Number 189.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 45° 51.18′ N, 84° 37.032′ W. Marker is in Mackinac Island, Michigan, in Mackinac County. Marker is on Huron Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mackinac Island MI 49757, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Scout Barracks / Parade Ground (within shouting distance of this marker); Greany Grove (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); "Cass Cliff" American Fur Company Store (approx. 0.2 miles away); Island House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Skull Cave (approx. 0.3 miles away); Sainte Anne Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fort Holmes (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mackinac Island.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • War of 1812 • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2010. This page has been viewed 873 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on August 27, 2010, by Mh of Las Vegas, Nevada. 2. submitted on August 29, 2010, by Mh of Las Vegas, Nevada. 3. submitted on May 16, 2012, by Cameron Zwart of Belding, Michigan. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.