Cullman in Cullman County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Colonel John G. Cullmann
Founder of Cullman, Alabama 1873
—1823 - 1895 —
July 2, 1823 - December 3, 1895
Thrifty German Colonists led by
Col. John G. Cullmann in 1873
settled this thinly populated plateau
This plaque and Restoration Sponsored by Cullman Federated Garden Club 1973
Erected 1973 by Cullman Federated Garden Club.
Location. 34° 9.842′ N, 86° 50.765′ W. Marker is in Cullman, Alabama, in Cullman County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of 9th Street Southeast and Main Avenue Southwest. Touch for map. Marker is located in the center of the Cullman City Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Cullman AL 35055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Evangelical Protestant Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Bent But Not Broken (approx. 0.6 miles away); Weiss Cottage (approx. ¾ mile away); St. John’s Evangelical Protestant Church (approx. ¾ mile away); Sand Mountain Plateau (approx. 0.8 miles away); “Die Deutsche Kolonie Von Nord Alabama” Cullman Railroad Depot (approx. 1.1 miles away); Johann Gottfried Cullmann (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cullman.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 1,060 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 12, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.