Near Battle Ground in Tippecanoe County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Battle of Tippecanoe
November 7, 1811
Erected 1974 by the Indiana State Society U. S. Daughters of 1812.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indian Wars Battlefield Trails, the National Historic Landmarks, and the United States Daughters of 1812 marker series.
Location. 40° 30.395′ N, 86° 50.634′ W. Marker is near Battle Ground, Indiana, in Tippecanoe County. Marker is on Battleground Avenue west of Railroad Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Located at the 'Welcome Center' of the "Tippecanoe Battle Ground Memorial". Railroad Avenue has many names: In Lafayette it is North 9th Street. It becomes County Road 100E. In the Town of Battle Ground it is called Railroad Street. Marker is in this post office area: Battle Ground IN 47920, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other Potawatomi ‘Trail of Death’ Route (a few steps from this marker); The Methodist Camp (a few steps from this marker); Tippecanoe Battlefield Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Stricken Down in the Performance of Duty (about 300 feet away); World War I Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Prophet’s Rock (approx. 0.4 miles away); Prophet’s Town (approx. 1.1 miles away); Tippecanoe Battleground (approx. 1.7 miles away but has been reported missing). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Battle Ground.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 12, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 27, 2010, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,285 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on September 27, 2010, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. 10. submitted on December 18, 2010, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.