Near Deersville in Harrison County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Laceyville was once a small community with an inn, a post office, general store, a school, black smith shop, a shoemaker, and a tailor. It also had its own baseball team and orchestra. The Laceyville House, built of brick and stone in 1842, was a stagecoach stop. The first proprietors were Maj. John S. Lacey, who served as Harrison County's sheriff and treasurer, and his wife, Anna Jeanett. Weary travelers would always time their journey to reach the Lacey
Erected 2001 by Scenic Byway Task Force.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at the end of a guardrail along Tappan Lake. Marker is in this post office area: Deersville OH 44693, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Moravian Trail (approx. 3.2 miles away); Deersville (approx. 3.2 miles away); Hazel's House (approx. 3.4 miles away); Moravian House (approx. 3.4 miles away); Mary L. Jobe Akeley / Harry F. Hazlett (approx. 3.4 miles away); Tappan (approx. 4.9 miles away); The Seven Ranges (approx. 5.4 miles away); Scio, Ohio (approx. 5.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Deersville.
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Entertainment • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 27, 2010, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. This page has been viewed 2,387 times since then and 92 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 27, 2010, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.