Jonesboro in Clayton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hardee’s Corps at Jonesboro
The attack by Davis’ 14th A. C. [US] at the salient drove Govan's brigade to a 2d position where the massed forces of Hardee withstood not only the 14th but Stanley’s 4th (which moved in E. of the R. R.) till night ended the battle & enabled Hardee to withdraw to Lovejoy’s.
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 031-25.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 32.004′ N, 84° 21.169′ W. Marker is in Jonesboro, Georgia, in Clayton County. Marker is on North Main Street (Georgia Route 54) 0 miles north of West Mimosa Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Battle of Jonesboro The Second Day (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Warren House (about 300 feet away); Unknown Confederate Soldiers Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Two Days of Battle at Jonesboro (approx. ¼ mile away); Patrick Cleburne Confederate Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Attack by Lee's Corps (approx. half a mile away); The March to the Sea (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Johnson-Blalock House (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jonesboro.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Hardee’s Corps at Jonesboro.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 9, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 778 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 9, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.