Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Forest Glen in Silver Spring in Montgomery County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Daniel Carroll of Rock Creek

July 22, 1730 - May 7, 1796

 
 
Daniel Carroll of Rock Creek Marker image. Click for full size.
By Patricia Lawrence, October 17, 2010
1. Daniel Carroll of Rock Creek Marker
Inscription. Near this spot was the home of Daniel Carroll, member of the Second Continental Congress and of the Federal Constitutional Convention. He was a Representative from Maryland in the first United States Congress and served as one of the three commissioners who surveyed the District of Columbia.
 
Erected 1964 by Montgomery County Historical Society and Maryland House & Garden Pilgrimage.
 
Location. 39° 0.921′ N, 77° 3.016′ W. Marker is in Forest Glen in Silver Spring, Maryland, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of Forest Glen Road and Rosensteel Avenue on Forest Glen Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Silver Spring MD 20910, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Carroll (a few steps from this marker); Daniel Carroll II (within shouting distance of this marker); Forest Glen Railroad Station (approx. 0.4 miles away); Sororities (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Expansion of the Seminary (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Forest Inn (approx. 0.4 miles away); The National Park Seminary (approx. 0.4 miles away); In Memory of LTC Karen J. Wagner (approx. 0.4 miles away).
 
Also see . . .  Daniel Carroll - A Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. (Submitted on October 25, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
 
Categories. Colonial EraPolitics
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 17, 2010, by Patricia Lawrence of Gaithersburg, Maryland. This page has been viewed 676 times since then and 21 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on October 17, 2010, by Patricia Lawrence of Gaithersburg, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement