Hiawassee in Towns County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 139-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 56.837′ N, 83° 45.42′ W. Marker is in Hiawassee, Georgia, in Towns County. Marker is at the intersection of South Berrong Street and River Street, on the right when traveling east on South Berrong Street. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Towns County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Hiawassee GA 30546, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles Brasstown Bald (approx. 5.9 miles away); a different marker also named Brasstown Bald (was approx. 6.8 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Trackrock Gap (was approx. 6.8 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Quanassee Town and the Spikebuck Mound (approx. 7˝ miles away in North Carolina); In Memory Our War Dead (approx. 7.6 miles away in North Carolina); Fort Hembree (approx. 7.6 miles away in North Carolina); George W. Truett (approx. 7.7 miles away in North Carolina); a different marker also named Brasstown Bald (approx. 8.1 miles away).
Also see . . . Towns County. A Wikipedia entry for the county. (Submitted on July 16, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 14, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 775 times since then and 48 times this year. Last updated on October 30, 2010, by R. Zebley of Rapid City, South Dakota. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 14, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.