Huntsville in Madison County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Site of Huntsville Female College
Its aim was to "secure the symmetrical development of body, mind, and soul."
Destroyed by fire January 4, 1895.
Architect George Steele.
Erected 1959 by Huntsville Historical Society.
Location. 34° 43.974′ N, 86° 34.879′ W. Marker is in Huntsville, Alabama, in Madison County. Marker is on Randolph Avenue SE west of Figures Alley SE, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 419 Randolph Avenue SE, Huntsville AL 35801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Central Presbyterian Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Temple B’nai Sholom (about 600 feet away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Andrew Jackson (approx. 0.2 miles away); Calhoun House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Methodism brought into area 1807 First United Methodist Church Old Town Historic District (approx. 0.2 miles away); Randolph Street Church Of Christ (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Huntsville.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 11, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 850 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 11, 2010, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.