Wilsonville in Clackamas County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Ferries crossed the Willamette River here for 107 years carrying thousands of horses, cows, buggies, automobiles, and pedestrians. Jesse Boone operated the ferry until his death in 1872. The State of Oregon assumed control of the ferry during the early 1900's, and by the 1950's, a cable-drawn vessel carried up to 12 cars per crossing. Boone's Ferry was decommissioned in 1954, shortly after completion of the Boone Bridge.
Erected 1998 by Oregon Department of Transportation and Oregon Travel Information Council.
Location. Marker has been confirmed missing. It was likely located near 45° Touch for map. The marker is located on the southern edge of the Boones Ferry Park parking lot in front of the Tauchman House. Marker was at or near this postal address: 31240 SW Boones Ferry Road, Wilsonville OR 97070, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Wilsonville Baseball (approx. ¾ mile away); George Abernethy (approx. 8.2 miles away); Dr. John McLoughlin 1784 - 1857 (approx. 8.2 miles away); Willamette Falls (approx. 8.3 miles away); Willamette Falls Locks (approx. 8.3 miles away); Dr. John McLoughlin (approx. 8.8 miles away); Peter Skene Ogden House (approx. 8.8 miles away); Oregon City (approx. 8.8 miles away).
Also see . . . City of Wilsonville : Boones Ferry Park. (Submitted on November 25, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 25, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 785 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 25, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of markers once it is replaced. • Can you help?