Lewes in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Lewes Presbyterian Church
The adjoining cemetery includes the graves of many prominent citizens including Delaware Governors David Hall and Ebe W. Tunnell. The Lewes Presbyterian Church was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
Erected 2002 by The Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number SC-157.)
Location. 38° 46.346′ N, 75° 8.36′ W. Marker is in Lewes, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on Touch for map. Located between Washington And Franklin Avenues. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 Kings Highway, Lewes DE 19958, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lewes (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); H.M. Brig DeBraak (about 600 feet away); David Hall House (about 600 feet away); Zwaanendael House (about 600 feet away); The Zwaanendael Club (about 700 feet away); The New Devon Inn (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dodds Corner (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Peter's Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewes.
Regarding Lewes Presbyterian Church. National Register of Historic Places:
Lewes Presbyterian Church (added 1977 - Building - #77000394)
Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering •
Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown •
Architectural Style: Greek Revival, Colonial Revival, Gothic Revival •
Area of Significance: Historic Architecture •
Cultural Affiliation: American •
Period of Significance: 1825-1849, 1850-1874, 1875-1899 •
Historic Function: Religion •
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 520 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 30, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.