Sandy Springs in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
McPherson's Troops March to Decatur
McPherson’s Army of the Tennessee, consisting of Logan’s 15th, Dodge’s 16, & Blair’s 17th Corps, having crossed at Shallow Ford, moved on this road toward Decatur, in the sequence as named. Their routes traversed the upper valleys of Nancy’s & Peachtree creeks.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-7.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 58.233′ N, 84° 20.367′ W. Marker is in Sandy Springs, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Roberts Drive and Spalding Drive, on the left when traveling north on Roberts Drive. The marker is located at Sandy Springs Fire Station Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1425 Spalding Drive, Atlanta GA 30350, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. McPherson's Divergent Line of March (approx. 1.7 miles away); Hightower (Etowah) Trail (approx. 1.9 miles away); Hightower Indian Trail (approx. 2.3 miles away); Garrard’s Cav. & Newton’s Division (approx. 2˝ miles away); McPherson’s Troops at Shallow Ford (approx. 2˝ miles away); Allenbrook (approx. 2.7 miles away); Garrard’s Cavalry at Roswell (was approx. 3.1 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Founders' Cemetery (approx. 3.2 miles away).
Categories. • War, US Civil • Wars, US Indian •
More. Search the internet for McPherson's Troops March to Decatur.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 597 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 30, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.