Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
G.W. Riley House
G. W. Riley founded or served Methodist churches in Abilene, Beaumont, Douglassville, Mineral Wells, Tyler, and other towns for 48 years. He and wife, Beulah G. (Matthews) moved here to educate children; house remains in family. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.
Erected 1972 by the Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9328.)
Location. 30° 37.94′ N, 97° 40.31′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1302 South College Street, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Burcham House (a few steps from this marker); Original Site of Southwestern University (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Negro Fine Arts School (about 500 feet away); Georgetown High School Building (about 600 feet away); First United Methodist Church of Georgetown W.C. Vaden House (about 600 feet away); A. W. Sillure House (about 700 feet away); W.Y. Penn Home (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Also see . . .
1. G. W. Riley House. Williamson County Historical Commission (Submitted on April 1, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
2. Historical Marker Application. The Portal to Texas History (Submitted on April 1, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 2, 2018. This page originally submitted on December 3, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 970 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 3, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.