Carolina Shores in Brunswick County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
South Carolina / North Carolina
Formed in 1712 from part of Carolina, which was chartered in 1663, it was first settled by the English in 1670. One of the 13 original states.
Colonized, 1585-87, b first English settlers in America; permanently settled C. 1650; first to vote readiness for independence, Apr. 12, 1776.
Erected 1941 by State Historical Commission, Department of Conservation and Development. (Marker Number D 29.)
Location. 33° 53.716′ N, 78° 35.524′ W. Marker is in Carolina Shores, North Carolina, in Brunswick County. Marker is on U.S. 17 0.4 miles south of Boundaryline Drive NW, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Calabash NC 28467, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Post Road (within shouting distance of this marker); Boundary House (approx. 0.7 miles away in South Carolina); a different marker also named Boundary House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Rebecca Randall Bryan (approx. 1.8 miles away in South Carolina); George Whitefield Fort Randall (approx. 5 miles away in South Carolina); Sonny’s Pavilion (approx. 5.5 miles away in South Carolina); Chestnut Consolidated School (approx. 5.8 miles away in South Carolina).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 11, 2011, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. This page has been viewed 612 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 11, 2011, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.