Auburn in Lee County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Auburn - Alabama
from Harris County, Georgia, in 1836.
This region was opened to settlement
in 1836-37 by the removal of the
Creek Indians to lands west
of the Mississippi River.
The Alabama Officers Club
Daughters of the American Revolution
March 14, 1934
Erected 1934 by Alabama Officers Club, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 32° 36.38′ N, 85° 28.905′ W. Marker is in Auburn, Alabama, in Lee County. Marker is at the intersection of South College Street (Alabama Route 147) and Magnolia Avenue, in the median on South College Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Auburn AL 36830, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Toomers Corner And The Bank Of Auburn (within shouting distance of this marker); Auburn 1865~Present / The "Loveliest Village" (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Lathe (about 600 feet away); Auburn United Methodist Church Founder's Chapel Auburn University Chapel (about 700 feet away); City Hall (about 800 feet away); Auburn WWI Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Auburn University (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Auburn.
Also see . . . Encyclopedia of Alabama entry on Auburn. (Submitted on December 19, 2012, by Laura Hill of Auburn, Alabama.)
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 21, 2011, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. This page has been viewed 943 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 21, 2011, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.