Hattiesburg in Forrest County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
has been placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Location. 31° 19.683′ N, 89° 17.583′ W. Marker is in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in Forrest County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street (U.S. 11) and McLeod Street, on the right when traveling south on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 802 North Main Street, Hattiesburg MS 39401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Forrest County Confederate Monument (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Hattiesburg High School (about 800 feet away); William Harris Hardy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Federal Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hattiesburg (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named William Harris Hardy (approx. ¼ mile away); Veterans of All Wars Monument (approx. ¼ mile away); William Carey College (approx. 2.2 miles away); Hub City Lodge No 627 (approx. 2.8 miles away); Dixie School Log Cabin (approx. 7½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hattiesburg.
Also see . . .
1. McLeod House. This house was built for businessman John McLeod who moved from the neighboring small town of Purvis in 1896. (Submitted on January 25, 2011, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
2. John A. McLeod Department Store. The John A. McLeod Department Store operated as a general mercantile establishment in downtown Hattiesburg, Mississippi from approximately 1899 to 1932. (Submitted on January 25, 2011, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 25, 2011, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 908 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 25, 2011, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.