Fort Knox in Hardin County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
St. Patrick's Cemetery
This cemetery has three sections:
Old Section: Used by St. Patrick's Church from 1831 until 1918 when the government acquired the church in Stithton now used as the Post Chapel, and then by St. Brigid's Church in Vine Grove until ca.1965
New Section: At the east end of the cemetery, this section is an active cemetery for St. Christopher's Church in Radcliff.
Children's Section: Near the center of the Old Section, the Children's Section was used by the Army for dependents of military personnel. These infant burials lie within the foundation of the St. Patrick's Church, a stone building, that existed from the 1840's to 1900, when it was replaced by the brick church in Stithton now used as the Post Chapel. The stones from the dismantled church were used to build the fence around the Post Cemetery across the road.
Erected by USA Armor Center.
Location. 37° 53.606′ N, 85° 58.066′ W. Marker is in Fort Knox, Kentucky, in Hardin County. Marker is on 701st Tank Destroyer Battalion Road ¼ mile west of Park Road, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Knox KY 40121, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 15 miles of this Camp Knox (approx. 0.2 miles away); Post Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Visitor's House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Main Post Chapel (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Armored Force School (approx. 1.3 miles away); LST Building (approx. 1½ miles away); Rineyville Named (approx. 9.9 miles away); The Cannonball (approx. 15.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Knox.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 28, 2011, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. This page has been viewed 832 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 28, 2011, by Lee Hattabaugh of Capshaw, Alabama. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of the stone fence made from the dismantled church as mentioned in marker text. • Can you help?