Tifton in Tift County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 137-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 27.247′ N, 83° 30.476′ W. Marker is in Tifton, Georgia, in Tift County. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Street East and Tift Avenue, on the left when traveling east on 2nd Street East. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Tift County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 237 2nd St E, Tifton GA 31794, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured Susan Lane Tillman Moore (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jefferson Davis Memorial State Park (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Dwight David Eisenhower Memorial Gardens (approx. 1.7 miles away); a different marker also named Jefferson Davis Memorial State Park (approx. 15.3 miles away).
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 31, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 502 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 31, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.