Elizabeth in Union County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Site of Princeton University
marks the first
site of Princeton
incorporated Oct 22nd 1746
Erected by the Elizabeth
Members of the New Jersey
Society of Colonial Dames
of America – Oct
Erected 1897 by New Jersey
Society of Colonial Dames of America.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Society of Colonial Dames of America marker series.
Location. 40° 39.81′ N, 74° 12.912′ W. Marker is in Elizabeth, New Jersey, in Union County. Marker is at the intersection of Broad Street (Route 623) and Caldwell Place, on the right when traveling south on Broad Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the front of the First Presbyterian Parish House. Marker is in this post office area: Elizabeth NJ 07201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Academy (a few steps from this marker); Patriotic Dead (within shouting distance of this marker); Elizabeth Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Colonial Church (about 400 feet away); Old Borough Court House Revolutionary Cannon (about 500 feet away); Washington’s Inaugural Bicentennial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Seven Astronauts (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elizabeth.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 6, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 417 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 6, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.