Newark in Essex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
family. Became House of
Prayer Rectory, 1850. Rev.
Hannibal Goodwin invented
celluloid film here, 1887.
Erected 1964 by State of New Jersey.
Location. 40° 44.881′ N, 74° 10.257′ W. Marker is in Newark, New Jersey, in Essex County. Marker is at the intersection of University Avenue/Broad Street and State Street, on the right when traveling south on University Avenue/Broad Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Newark NJ 07102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. House of John Plume (a few steps from this marker); Donald T. Dust Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); Seth Boyden (approx. 0.3 miles away); Christopher Columbus (approx. 0.3 miles away); Saint Lucy's Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Seth Boyden (approx. 0.3 miles away); Line of March of Washington’s Army (approx. 0.4 miles away); The First Academy in Newark (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 6, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 377 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 6, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.