Elkhart Lake in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake
Marker donated by: Mike Froh, Susie White, John Langenfeld, Lynn Langenfeld.
Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake listed on the National Register of Historic Places February 17, 2006.
Erected 2006 by Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake; Mike Froh, Susie White, John Langenfeld, Lynn Langenfeld. (Marker Number 10.)
Location. 43° 50′ N, 88° 1.513′ W. Marker is in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, in Sheboygan County. Marker is at the intersection of Birchwood Drive (County Road JP) and North Turtle Bay Road, on the left when traveling west on Birchwood Drive. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Elkhart Lake WI 53020, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Peck's Alley (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ted's Turn (approx. ¼ mile away); 1951–52 Start/Finish (approx. 0.3 miles away); Elkhart Lake Road Race Circuits (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of the Bank of Elkhart Lake The Hard Left (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Lake Street Walkway (approx. half a mile away); The Hard Right (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elkhart Lake.
More about this marker. The Village of Elkhart Lake and the roads surrounding Elkhart Lake hosted open-road sports car racing in 1950, 1951 and 1952. Fourteen historical markers were placed around the circuits (to commemorate the names and the events that occurred) by Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake, a Wisconsin non-profit corporation.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 13, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 432 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on August 22, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 2, 3. submitted on March 13, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.