Pittsburgh in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Salk Polio Vaccine
Erected 2005 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 40° 26.564′ N, 79° 57.733′ W. Marker is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is at the intersection of Sutherland Drive and Terrace Street, on the left when traveling north on Sutherland Drive. Touch for map. Located at Salk Hall at the University of Pittsburgh in the Oakland Section of Pittsburgh. Marker is in this post office area: Pittsburgh PA 15213, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Maria Sklodowska Curie (approx. ¼ mile away); Standard Chemical Company (approx. ¼ mile away); John T. Comès (approx. 0.4 miles away); V.F.W. (approx. 0.4 miles away); Robert Lee Vann (approx. 0.4 miles away); Frank E. Bolden University of Pittsburgh (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stephen C. Foster Memorial (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburgh.
Also see . . .
1. The Shot Heard 'Round the World - Development of the Salk Polio Vaccine 1947-1955. University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy (Submitted on March 15, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
2. Dr. Jonas Salk at FindAGrave.com. (Submitted on March 16, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 758 times since then. This page was the Marker of the Week April 26, 2015. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 14, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 3, 4. submitted on April 15, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.