Near Elkhart Lake in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake
Marker donated by: Tom and Bea Hollfelder · Tiger Racing.
Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake listed on the National Register of Historic Places February 17, 2006.
Erected 2006 by Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake; Tom and Bea Hollfelder / Tiger Racing. (Marker Number 5.)
Location. 43° 49.62′ N, 88° 2.436′ W. Marker is near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, in Sheboygan County. Marker is on County Road P 0.8 miles north of County Road A, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Elkhart Lake WI 53020, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Hard Right (approx. half a mile away); Kimberly's Korner (approx. 0.8 miles away); Briggs' Bend (approx. 0.9 miles away); 1950 Start/Finish (approx. 0.9 miles away); Schoolhouse Straight (approx. one mile away); Peck's Alley Ted's Turn (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Hard Left (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elkhart Lake.
More about this marker. The Village of Elkhart Lake and the roads surrounding Elkhart Lake hosted open-road sports car racing in 1950, 1951 and 1952. Fourteen historical markers were placed around the circuits (to commemorate the names and the events that occurred) by Historic Race Circuits of Elkhart Lake, a Wisconsin non-profit corporation.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 24, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 612 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 21, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.