Abbeville in Abbeville County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Old Livery Stable
In 2002, the building was generously donated by Mrs. Margaret Flynn Bowie and the W.G. Bowie Trust to the City of Abbeville. The renovation of the livery stable was completed in 2010 as a part of the Trinity Street Enhancement Project.
Harold E. McNeill, Mayor
Spencer G. Sorrow, Lee C. Williams
Annette Faye Thomas, Bertha D. Crawford
Joe E. Seawright, Augustus E. Wilson, Jr.
Fred V. Peeler, S. Delano Freeman
Nolan L. Wiggins, Jr.
Assistant City Manager
Ashley Ramey Kellahan
Johnson, Laschober and Associates
Town and County Construction, Inc.
Greenwood, South Carolina
Location. 34° Touch for map. Marker is located inside the open air livery stable, near the front (southeast) entrance off Trinity Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 118 Trinity Street, Abbeville SC 29620, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Abbeville County Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); "Big Bob" (within shouting distance of this marker); Abbeville Square (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Bank Building (ca. 1865) (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Major Thomas Dry Howie (about 300 feet away); The Law Offices of John C. Calhoun (about 300 feet away); Trinity Episcopal Church (about 300 feet away); Humane Society Alliance Fountain (1912) (about 300 feet away); Abbeville Opera House (1908) (about 400 feet away); Lynching of Anthony Crawford / Racial Violence in South Carolina (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Abbeville.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 25, 2011, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 2,527 times since then and 131 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 25, 2011, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.