Trenton in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
William Trent House
in 1719 by
for whom Trenton was named
Given to the City of Trenton
in 1929 by
Edward Ansley Stokes
Restored 1934-1936 by the Civil Works Administration the Emergency Relief Administration and the Works Progress Administration under the supervision of the Trustees of the Free Public Library
Marker series. This marker is included in the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects marker series.
Location. 40° 12.781′ N, 74° 45.925′ W. Marker is in Trenton, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Market Street and William Trent Place. Touch for map. Marker is on the gate of the the William Trent House. The house is surrounded by a brick wall and is located across the street from the Richard Hughes Justice Complex, a large modern state office building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15 Market Street, Trenton NJ 08611, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named William Trent House (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named William Trent House (within shouting distance of this marker); William Trent House (NHL) Trenton Ferry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mercer County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); Church of the Sacred Heart (approx. ¼ mile away); Third Ward Civic Association (approx. ¼ mile away); House of Alexander Douglass (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trenton.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. These markers are for two markers also at the William Trent House
Also see . . . Official Website of the Trent House Museum. The Trent House is a museum open for daily tours. (Submitted on December 9, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 9, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,270 times since then and 34 times this year. Last updated on December 11, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. Photos: 1. submitted on December 9, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. 2. submitted on December 27, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 9, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.