Trenton in Mercer County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
William Trent House
Chief Justice of New Jersey 1723-1724
from whom Trenton derived its name
was his home until his death in 1724
Other owners or occupants of the house were
First Governor of New Jersey
as a separate Province
Col. John Cox
Assistant Quartermaster General
of the Continental Army
Owner 1778-1792. Resident 1778-1790
Governor of New Jersey 1836-1837
Rodman McCamley Price
Governor of New Jersey 1854-1857
Erected 1954 by Society of Colonial Wars in the State of New Jersey.
Location. 40° 12.783′ N, 74° 45.94′ W. Marker is in Trenton, New Jersey, in Mercer County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Market Street and William Trent Place. Touch for map. Marker is on the side wall of the William Trent House. The House is surrounded by a brick wall and is located across the street from the Richard Hughes Justice Complex, a large modern state office building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15 Market St., Trenton NJ 08611, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. William Trent House (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named William Trent House (a few steps from this marker); William Trent House (NHL) (within shouting distance of this marker); Trenton Ferry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mercer County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); Church of the Sacred Heart (approx. ¼ mile away); House of Alexander Douglass (approx. 0.3 miles away); Third Ward Civic Association (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trenton.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. These markers are for two markers also at the William Trent House.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 15, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 11, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 994 times since then and 26 times this year. Last updated on December 11, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 11, 2007, by Gary Nigh of Trenton, New Jersey. 3. submitted on December 27, 2014, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 4. submitted on December 10, 2016, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.