Chandler in Lincoln County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Phillips 66 Filling Station
W. L. (Bill) Cheatham
who operated a filling station
on Route 66 at Warwick, Oklahoma
from 1926 until 1978
Erected by the Terrell Family.
Marker series. This marker is included in the U.S. Route 66 marker series.
Location. 35° 42.199′ N, 96° 52.885′ W. Marker is in Chandler, Oklahoma, in Lincoln County. Marker is at the intersection of Manvel Avenue (State Highway 66) and 7th Street, on the right when traveling south on Manvel Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is along Historic Route 66. Marker is at or near this postal address: 701 Manvel Avenue, Chandler OK 74834, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Flynt Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Oleson-Crane Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Crane Motor Company (about 300 feet away); Wolcott Building (about 300 feet away); Lincoln County War Memorial (about 500 feet away); Chandler Brick Paving (about 700 feet away); Davenport's Historic Broadway Avenue (approx. 6½ miles away); Davenport / Davenport Post Office (approx. 6½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chandler.
Also see . . .
1. Chandler, Oklahoma. (Submitted on April 18, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Oklahoma Route 66 Association. (Submitted on April 18, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 18, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 794 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 18, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.