Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Goshen in Orange County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

1841 Courthouse

 
 
1841 Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Clifton Patrick, November 30, 2009
1. 1841 Courthouse Marker
Inscription. Erected in 1841, this building served as courthouse until 1970. Designed by Thornton M. Niven, if reflects the Greek Revival in architecture that produced man fine buildings.
 
Erected 1977 by Goshen Chamber of Business & Industry.
 
Location. 41° 24.165′ N, 74° 19.302′ W. Marker is in Goshen, New York, in Orange County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (New York State Route 207) and Court Lane, on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Touch for map. Maker is mounted on the left front corner of the 1841 Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 Main St, Goshen NY 10924, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Goshen Half-ShireTown (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); President Ulysses S. Grant (about 600 feet away); Anna Elizabeth Dickinson (approx. 0.2 miles away); Camp Wickham (approx. 0.2 miles away); Goshen, Orange Co., N.Y. (approx. mile away); Maplewood (approx. 0.3 miles away); Orange County Seat (approx. 0.3 miles away); Horace Pippin (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Goshen.
 
Regarding 1841 Courthouse. This structure is the twin to the 1841 "Old
1841 Courthouse and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Clifton Patrick, November 30, 2009
2. 1841 Courthouse and Marker
City Courthouse" by Thornton M. Niven at 123 Grand Street, Newbugh, NY and houses City of Newburgh Historian.

Current occupants of the 1841 Courthouse are the Orange County Historian and the Orange County Genealogical Society.
 
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. The 1841 "Old City Courthouse" by Thornton M. Niven in Newbugh, NY.
 
Categories. GovernmentNotable Buildings
 
1841 Courthouse Marker being moved image. Click for full size.
By Clifton Patrick, May 25, 2011
3. 1841 Courthouse Marker being moved
1841 Courthouse Marker has been removed while the building is undergoing renovations. Seen here, leaning loose against the front wall to the left of the entrance.
1841 Courthouse Marker relocated to just right of the main entrance following renovations. image. Click for full size.
By Clifton Patrick, June 4, 2017
4. 1841 Courthouse Marker relocated to just right of the main entrance following renovations.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 15, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 30, 2009, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. This page has been viewed 987 times since then and 65 times this year. Last updated on May 15, 2011, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 30, 2009, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States.   3. submitted on May 27, 2011, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States.   4. submitted on June 9, 2017, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement