Hingham in Plymouth County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Samuel Lincoln House
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by the Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 14.559′ N, 70° 53.485′ W. Marker is in Hingham, Massachusetts, in Plymouth County. Marker is at the intersection of North Street and Lincoln Street, on the right when traveling east on North Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 170 North Street, Hingham MA 02043, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hingham Massachusetts (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Ship Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Reverend Peter Hobart (approx. ¼ mile away); Hull (approx. 2.8 miles away); Abigail Adams Birthplace (approx. 2.9 miles away); The First Church in Weymouth (approx. First School House in Weymouth (approx. 2.9 miles away); a different marker also named Hull (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hingham.
Regarding Samuel Lincoln House. Arriving from Norfolk, England, Samuel Lincoln bought land in Hingham. One of his grandsons, also named Samuel, built the present house here.
The direct male line of Lincolns from the immigrant Samuel to the 16th U.S. President runs as follows: Samuel (1622–1690), Mordecai (1657–1727), Mordecai (1686–1736), John (1711–1778), Abraham (1744–1786), Thomas (1780–1851), Abraham (1809–1865).
Also see . . .
1. Wikipedia. This entry mentions several Lincolns who became prominent citizens of Hingham during the 17th and 18th centuries. (Submitted on May 22, 2011, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts.)
2. Family tree. A detailed compilation by genealogist Rhonda R. McClure. (Submitted on May 22, 2011, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 22, 2011, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 1,106 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on May 22, 2011, by Roger W. Sinnott of Chelmsford, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.