Near Shiloh in Hardin County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
1st Mississippi Cavalry
—Army of the Mississippi —
1st Mississippi Cavalry,
Army of the Mississippi.
Ross' (2d) Michigan battery was retiring from the field at about 5.30 P.M. April 6, 1862 when the 1st Miss. Cavalry charged and captured four of its guns at this place.
Erected by Shiloh National Military Park Commission. (Marker Number 345.)
Location. 35° 8.597′ N, 88° 19.956′ W. Marker is near Shiloh, Tennessee, in Hardin County. Marker is at the intersection of Hamburg-Savannah Road and Corinth-Pittsburg Road, on the left when traveling south on Hamburg-Savannah Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shiloh TN 38376, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ross's Battery Camp (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); 33d Tennessee Infantry (approx. 0.2 miles away); 7th Illinois Infantry (approx. 0.2 miles away); 12th Iowa Infantry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Boyle's Brigade (approx. 0.2 miles away); Richardson's Battery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Clanton's Alabama Cavalry (approx. 0.2 miles away); McAllister's Battery (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shiloh.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 29, 2011, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. This page has been viewed 525 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 29, 2011, by Allen Gathman of Pocahontas, Missouri. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.