Capharnaum, Galilee, Israel — The Middle East
In Capharnaum the house of the Prince of the Apostles was changed into a church; the original walls, however, are still standing (Etheria, late fourth century AD).
We came to Capharnaum in the house of Saint Peter, which at present is a basilica (Anonimus Placentinus, 587).
Archaeological Excavations: Father Gaudentius Orfali, 1921-1926; Fathers Vigilio C. Corbo and Stanislao Loffreda (1968-1986).
Erected by Custodia Terrae Sanctae, Ordo Fratru Minorum – Franciscan Friars.
Location. 32° 52.827′ N, 35° 34.456′ E. Marker is in Capharnaum, Galilee. Marker can be reached from Highway 87 3.3 Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Capharnaum, Galilee 12929, Israel.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Synagogue of Capharnaum (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Synagogue of Jesus (about 120 meters away in Northern District); Church of Heptapegon (approx. 2.4 kilometers away); Domestic Building (approx. 10.9 kilometers away in Northern District); The Architecture of Tiberias (approx. 11 kilometers away in Northern District); The Synagogue (approx. 11 kilometers away in Northern District); Doors of Burial Caves / Burial Customs - Sarcophagi (approx. 11 kilometers away in Northern District); "Magic on the sea of galilee..." (approx. 11 kilometers away in Northern District). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Capharnaum.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . . Saint Peter. Prince of the Apostles (Submitted on July 5, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. Capernaum; Kfar Nahum ("Nahum's village");
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 4, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 814 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. submitted on July 4, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 10. submitted on July 5, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.