Cherryville in Gaston County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Federal Bonded Liquor Warehouse
The log building was built by Benaja Black in the 1800's, when the area was known as White Pines. Corn was the main crop at this time. Farmers received permits to make corn whiskey. It was brought to this warehouse, put into barrels, and shipped to others who resold it. The original sign is displayed inside.
Location. 35° 22.735′ N, 81° 22.66′ W. Marker is in Cherryville, North Carolina, in Gaston County. Marker can be reached from South Jacob Street south of East Main Street (North Carolina Highway 279), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 142 S Jacob St, Cherryville NC 28021, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Orignal City Hall (here, next to this marker); City Jail (a few steps from this marker); Smoke House (a few steps from this marker); John F Black School House (a few steps from this marker); Cherryville Veterans Memorial (approx. ¼ mile away); Noah Benjamin Kendrick House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fallston Veterans Memorial (approx. 7.9 miles away); Connie M. Guion (approx. 8.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cherryville.
Categories. • Agriculture • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2011, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 476 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 10, 2011, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.