Civil War Memorial
Dedicated to the memory of the defenders of our flag. “Greater love hath no man.”
(reverse) Erected 1926 by Abe Lincoln’s Woman’s Relief Corps, No. 180, Council Bluffs, Iowa, 1861-1865.
Erected 1926 by Abe Lincoln's Woman's Relief Corps.
Location. 41° 15.585′ N, 95° 51.103′ W. Marker is in Council Bluffs, Iowa, in Pottawattamie County. Marker is on 1st Avenue, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Bayliss park, Council Bluffs IA 51503, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Spanish War Veterans (here, next to this marker); Mormon Trail (here, next to this marker); Council Bluffs Veterans Plaza (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Council Bluffs Free Public Library (about 600 feet away); Grenville M. Dodge (about 700 feet away); Squirrel Cage Jail (approx. 0.2 miles away); The National Humane Alliance Fountain (approx. ¼ mile away); The Historic General Dodge House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Council Bluffs.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 26, 2011, by Charles T. Harrell of Woodford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 747 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 26, 2011, by Charles T. Harrell of Woodford, Virginia. 3. submitted on April 16, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.