Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lincolnton in Lincoln County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Daniels Church

 
 
Daniels Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jim Dugan, circa 1976
1. Daniels Church Marker
Inscription. Evangelical Lutheran. Organized in 1774. J.G. Arndt was first regular minister; Philip Henkel assistant. This building, 1888, is third on site.
 
Erected 1973 by North Carolina Division of Archives and History. (Marker Number O 67.)
 
Location. 35° 30.964′ N, 81° 18.873′ W. Marker is in Lincolnton, North Carolina, in Lincoln County. Marker is at the intersection of Reepsville Road and Daniels Road, on the right when traveling west on Reepsville Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lincolnton NC 28092, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Andrew Loretz (here, next to this marker); The John Martin Shuford Gravesite (approx. 3.8 miles away); The Battle of Ramsour's Mill (approx. 3.9 miles away); The Patriot Captains' Gravesite (approx. 3.9 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Ramsour's Mill (approx. 4.1 miles away); Michael Hoke (approx. 4.3 miles away); Robert F. Hoke (approx. 4.3 miles away); Connie M. Guion (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lincolnton.
 
Also see . . .  Daniels Church - North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program. (Submitted on July 29, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Daniels Church - 1888 image. Click for full size.
By Jim Dugan, circa 1976
2. Daniels Church - 1888
Third building on site - completed in 1888. Adjacent buildings are of recent construction.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 27, 2011, by Jim Dugan of New Bern, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 350 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 27, 2011, by Jim Dugan of New Bern, North Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Updated photos of church and marker. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement