Thornton in Delaware County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Historic Village of Thornton
of Thornbury Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania
—Established 1687 —
Erected by Thornbury Historical Society.
Location. 39° 54.457′ N, 75° 31.882′ W. Marker is in Thornton, Pennsylvania, in Delaware County. Marker is at the intersection of Glen Mills Road and Thornton Road, on the right when traveling east on Glen Mills Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Thornton PA 19373, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Yellow House (a few steps from this marker); Jimmy Carter (approx. Fanny M Jackson Coppin (approx. 1.8 miles away); 1704 House (approx. 1.8 miles away); Battle of Brandywine (approx. 1.8 miles away); Colonial Gristmill (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Newlin Mill Complex (approx. 1.8 miles away); Dilworthtown (approx. 2 miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Additional keywords. "Oldest US Post Office"
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 4, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 560 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 4, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.