Indianapolis in Marion County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Old Northside
Erected 1995 by Indiana Historical Bureau and Old Northside Foundation. (Marker Number 49.1995.5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
Location. 39° 46.988′ N, 86° 9.247′ W. Marker is in Indianapolis, Indiana, in Marion County. Marker is at the intersection of North Delaware Street and East 12th Street on North Delaware Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Indianapolis IN 46202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Home of Caroline Scott Harrison (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Brig. General Benjamin Harrison (about 300 feet away); John Freeman (about 700 feet away); Ovid Butler, Sr. (approx. 0.3 miles away); Zerelda G. Wallace Widows and Orphans Friendsí Society (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Indiana State Meeting of the Christian Churches (approx. 0.4 miles away); North Western Christian University (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Indianapolis.
Regarding The Old Northside. A duplicate of this marker, numbered 49.1995.4, is at 1456 Central Avenue.
Also see . . .
1. The Historic Old Northside. (Submitted on January 8, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. Northside Historic District. National Park Service site detailing the district. (Submitted on January 8, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
3. The Morris-Butler House. From Historic Landmarks Foundation of Indiana. (Submitted on January 9, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 8, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,292 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 8, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. 5. submitted on January 9, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.