St. Augustine in Saint Johns County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
El Rosario Redoubt
up to 1885
then called Tolomato
was the west boundary
of St. Augustine
On this site stood
built of stone
Location. 29° 53.547′ N, 81° 18.836′ W. Marker is in St. Augustine, Florida, in Saint Johns County. Marker is at the intersection of Cordova Street and King Street, on the right when traveling north on Cordova Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Augustine FL 32084, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rosario Redoubt (a few steps from this marker); William Wing Loring (a few steps from this marker); Alcazar Hotel / City Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Ponce De Leon Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); The Alcazar Hotel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Don Pedro Menéndez de Aviles (about 300 feet away); Hotel Alcazar (about 300 feet away); 8-inch Columbiad (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Augustine.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 11, 2011, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 371 times since then and 13 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on September 11, 2011, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.