Hamilton in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
The Covered Wagon
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 37.328′ N, 70° 51.265′ W. Marker is in Hamilton, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on Bay Road (Alternate Massachusetts Route 1), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in front of a private residence on a busy road. There is no parking at the marker but nearby is a cemetery where parking might be an option. Marker is at or near this postal address: 624 Bay Road, Hamilton MA 01936, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Camp Lander (approx. 1½ miles away); Wenham (approx. 1½ miles away); Masconomet Sagamore of the Agawams (approx. 1.9 miles away); a different marker also named Wenham (approx. 2.1 miles This Stone Marks the Site of Peter Hill (approx. 2½ miles away); Wenham Lake (approx. 2.6 miles away); Ipswich Massachusetts War Memorial (approx. 3.3 miles away); Essex Massachusetts Soldiers' Monument (approx. 3.7 miles away).
Also see . . . Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on September 29, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Additional keywords. Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 16, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 684 times since then and 17 times this year. Last updated on September 17, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 16, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.