Beverly in Essex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Planters Path to their Landing Place
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony - Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 33.824′ N, 70° 53.608′ W. Marker is in Beverly, Massachusetts, in Essex County. Marker is on McKay Street. Touch for map. Marker is next to the old Winslow School (Closed) and at the head of the "Shoe Pond" which is named after the business that was next to it, United Shoe Machine Corporation (USMC), aka "The Shoe". Marker is at or near this postal address: 115 McKay Street (Approx), Beverly MA 01915, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Roger Conant (approx. 0.4 miles away); Balch House (approx. half a mile away); Conant House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Beverly Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away); Beverly World War II Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Memorial Bell Beverly Korean War Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away); Beverly World War I Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Beverly.
More about this marker. The area is well developed and there's no signs of the "path" itself, across the street is a well manicured golf course, next to it a paved school yard, and behind it the shoe pond.
Also see . . . Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on September 29, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Additional keywords. Massachusetts Bay Colony - Tercentenary Commission
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 20, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 748 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 20, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.