Fort Gaines in Clay County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Gen. Edmund Pendleton Gaines
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 030-9.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 36.248′ N, 85° 2.922′ W. Marker is in Fort Gaines, Georgia, in Clay County. Marker is on Washington Street South (Georgia Route 39) 0 miles north of Hartford Road (Georgia Route 37), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Clay County Courthouse in Fort Gaines. Marker is at or near this postal address: 210 Washington Street S., Fort Gaines GA 39851, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Clay County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Clay County (here, next to this marker); Queen City of the Chattahoochee (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Gaines Guards (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Sites (about 700 feet away); Old Pioneer Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Fort Gaines (approx. 0.4 miles away); In the Confederacy (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Gaines.
Also see . . . Edmund P. Gaines - Wikipedia. (Submitted on September 29, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Patriots & Patriotism • War, Mexican-American • War, US Revolutionary • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 24, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 679 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 24, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.