Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Eufaula in Barbour County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
 

Hart House

 
 
Hart House Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, August 14, 2011
1. Hart House Marker
Inscription. Built by John Hart about 1850, the Hart House is recognized as an outstanding example of pure Greek Revival architecture. Hart (c. 1805-1863) moved from New Hampshire and became a prominent merchant and farmer. When constructed, the house was on the western edge of the town. The Hart House was one of only five Eufaula buildings recorded by the Historic American Building Survey in 1935. It was entered on the National Register of Historic Places on December 12, 1973 as part of the Seth Lore Historic District. The building was purchased by the Historic Chattahoochee Commission for use as its headquarters on October 16, 1985.
 
Erected 1986 by Historic Chattahoochee Commission.
 
Location. 31° 53.683′ N, 85° 8.746′ W. Marker is in Eufaula, Alabama, in Barbour County. Marker is on North Eufaula Avenue (U.S. 431) 0.1 miles north of Broad Street, in the median. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 211 North Eufaula Avenue, Eufaula AL 36027, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Presbyterian Church (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); In Honor of All World War II Veterans (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eufaula First United Methodist Church
Hart House Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, August 14, 2011
2. Hart House Marker
(approx. mile away); World War I Doughboy (approx. mile away); The Tree That Owns Itself (approx. mile away); Cowikee Cotton Mills (approx. mile away); The Creek Town of Eufaula (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Town of Irwinton (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eufaula.
 
More about this marker. The Hart House stands on the east side of North Eufaula Avenue, opposite the marker.
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
Hart House Marker image. Click for full size.
By David Seibert, August 14, 2011
3. Hart House Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 16, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 729 times since then and 94 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on October 16, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement