Mendon in Worcester County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
First Meeting House
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 6.43′ N, 71° 33.209′ W. Marker is in Mendon, Massachusetts, in Worcester County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Hastings Street (Massachusetts Route 16), on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is located in Founders Park near the Mendon Historical Museum. Marker is in this post office area: Mendon MA 01756, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Founders' Park (a few steps from this marker); In Honor of Mendon's Soldiers (approx. 0.3 miles away); Adin Ballou Memorial (approx. 1.8 miles away); Operation Iraqi Freedom Memorial (approx. 7.9 miles away); World War II Memorial (approx. 7.9 miles away); Korean Conflict Memorial World War I Memorial (approx. 7.9 miles away); Vietnam Conflict Memorial (approx. 7.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mendon.
Also see . . .
1. Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony Tercentenary Commission (1930). Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on September 30, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
2. Walking Tour of Mendon Massachusetts. Brochure published by National Park Service for Blackstone River Valley-National Heritage Corridor. (Submitted on September 30, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 30, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 560 times since then and 13 times this year. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Michael Tiernan of Danvers, Massachusetts. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 30, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.