Millburn in Essex County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Paper Mill Playhouse
The Paper Mill Playhouse was founded in 1934 through the vision and dedication of Antoinette Quinby Scudder. Paper was manufactured here as early as 1795. Despite fire and changing times, it continued as a mill until 1926.
The Playhouse opened with theatrical productions in 1938 under the guidance of Miss Scudder, with Frank Carrington as producer.
With appreciation to
Richard B. Scudder and Edward W. Scudder
[ Second Plaque : ]
[ Third Plaque : ]
Location. 40° 43.669′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 22 Brookside Drive, Millburn NJ 07041, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Angelo Del Rossi (here, next to this marker); Baldwin Court (here, next to this marker); Last British Thrust into New Jersey (approx. 0.3 miles away); Washington Rock (approx. half a mile away); American Delaying Action (approx. one mile away); Battle of Springfield (approx. 1.1 miles away); a different marker also named The Battle of Springfield (approx. 1.1 miles away); Springfield (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Millburn.
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Colonial Era • Entertainment •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 5, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 329 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on November 5, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.