Near Chippawa in Niagara Region, Ontario — Central Canada
The Battle of Chippawa
The Battle of Chippawa
July 5, 1814.
Preservation of the Battleground
was made possible by
The Niagara Parks Commission
with the cooperation of
Frank and Mildred Branscombe,
River Realty Development (1976) inc.
and Group 2 Development Limited
of Niagara Falls, Ontario
Erected 2000 by The Niagara Parks Commission.
Location. 43° 3.06′ N, 79° 1.465′ W. Marker is near Chippawa, Ontario, in Niagara Region. Marker is on Edgworth Road just west of Niagara River Parkway, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. This historic marker is located on the Canadian side of the Niagara River, a short distance south of Niagara Falls, Ontario, and opposite Navy Island, at the southwestern edge of the Chippawa Battlefield Park, where the Chippawa Battlefield Park Walking Tour pathway begins. Marker is in this post office area: Chippawa, Ontario L2E 6S6, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Battle of Chippawa (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Chippawa Battlefield Panel 1 (about 150 meters away); Chippawa Battlefield Panel 2 Chippawa Battlefield Panel 3 (about 150 meters away); Chippawa Battlefield Panel 4 (about 150 meters away); Chippawa Battlefield Panel 5 (about 150 meters away); Chippawa Battlefield Panel 6 (about 150 meters away); a different marker also named The Battle of Chippawa (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chippawa.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Also see . . . 1812-5-7-Battle-Of-Chippawa-July-5th-1814-Jeff Mason. This is a link to a gallery of prints provided by Canadian Art Cards. (Submitted on July 1, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 13, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 509 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 13, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.