Near Davisboro in Washington County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Sherman's Left Wing
That night, Hq. Left Wing (Slocum), Hq. 14th Corps (Davis) and Hq. 20th Corps (Williams) were established in Davisboro.
Erected 2010 by Georga Historical Society. (Marker Number 150-16.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission, and the Shermans March to the Sea marker series.
Location. 32° 59.467′ N, 82° 37.517′ W. Marker is near Davisboro, Georgia, in Washington County. Marker is on Georgia Route 24 one mile west of Main Street (Georgia Route 231), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker is at the east end of the bridge over Williamson Swamp Creek. Marker is in this post office area: Davisboro GA 31018, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least Fenn's Bridge (approx. 3.8 miles away); New Hope Methodist Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Riddleville (approx. 6.3 miles away); David A. Gordon (approx. 6.7 miles away); The March to the Sea (approx. 6.9 miles away); Tarver's Mill (approx. 8Ĺ miles away); Historic Highways (approx. 8.7 miles away); a different marker also named The March to the Sea (approx. 9.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Davisboro.
More about this marker. This marker replaced a marker of the same title and text erected by the Georgia Historical Commission at this location in 1957, which had disappeared.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 11, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 541 times since then and 12 times this year. Last updated on November 14, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 11, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.