Kinzer in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
—Founded 1835 —
Named for Harry Kinzer
Decendent of Huguenot Settlers
Erected by Pennsylvania Department of Transportation c. 1950's.
Location. 39° 59.991′ N, 76° 4.192′ W. Marker is in Kinzer, Pennsylvania, in Lancaster County. Marker is on East Lincoln Highway, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3521 East Lincoln Highway, Kinzers PA 17535, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Leaman Place Bridge (1893) (approx. 2.2 miles away); Great Minquas Path (approx. 2.7 miles away); William Chester Ruth (approx. 2.8 miles away); The Gap Clock Tower (approx. 2.9 miles away); Leacock Presbyterian Church (approx. 4.3 miles away); Strasburg Rail Road (approx. 5 miles away); Pennsylvania Railroad No. 7688 (approx. 5 miles away); Pennsylvania Railroad No. 460 (approx. 5 miles away).
More about this marker. This is an original Pennsylvania Keystone marker. It was moved to this location next to the firehouse from its roadside location as an effort to preserve it.
Also see . . .
1. Huguenot : French Protestant, or Calvinist. (Submitted on December 12, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
2. Kinzers, PA - Wikipedia. (Submitted on December 12, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 12, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 335 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 12, 2011, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.