Compton in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1959 by California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Compton City Council; Compton Parlor, Native Daughters of the Golden West; and Heritage House Auxiliary. (Marker Number 664.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 33° 53.57′ N, 118° 13.473′ W. Marker is in Compton, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker can be reached from South Willowbrook Avenue north of Myrrh Street, on the right. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 Block South Willowbrook Avenue, Compton CA 90220, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. PFC James Anderson (approx. 1.6 miles away); Domínguez Ranch House First United States Air Meet (approx. 2.2 miles away); Watts Towers (approx. 3.3 miles away); Rancho Los Cerritos (approx. 4 miles away); Robert A. Cinader (approx. 4.8 miles away); Douglas Park (approx. 6.3 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 6.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Compton.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 27, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. This page has been viewed 738 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on December 28, 2011, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.